Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A Single Woman's New Year Limerick

A Single Woman's New Year's Limerick
By David P. Cantrell

New year has a boisterous cheer
That we all hope to hear
   You're the one I love
   You're my snuggle-dove.
Can this be our new year?

If you know my name
And it's not a game
  Of course it can
  My new found man
If you lie it's your shame.

I do not lie
I hope to die
  Your name's no stranger
  But your face is angered
Should I fly?

No my beau
I await your show
  That I'm you pal
  Your real gal
That's all I need to know.

Watch to the ball
It's about to fall
  I'll show my stuff
  I'll not be tough
If you'll give me your all.

I think not my New Year's knight
Your silver tongue is a fright
  I'll give you a kiss
  That I hope you miss
But, home alone I'll go this night.

No comments:

Post a Comment